SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Share your 2019 haul.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 9:56 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Share your 2019 haul. 
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Post Re: Share your 2019 haul.
Haha! Nice!

I would have to go to the Twin Cities if they were having something like that. And if it wasn't Joe focused, I'm not sure heading over would be worth the drive to see a whole bunch of vendors with random Marvel and DC figures that I don't collect.

At first I thought you meant you set up a table and pretended to BE a vendor for a while, bought a few things, then slinked away before you could get busted, lol.

Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:03 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
yorktownjoe wrote:
Haha! Nice!

I would have to go to the Twin Cities if they were having something like that. And if it wasn't Joe focused, I'm not sure heading over would be worth the drive to see a whole bunch of vendors with random Marvel and DC figures that I don't collect.

At first I thought you meant you set up a table and pretended to BE a vendor for a while, bought a few things, then slinked away before you could get busted, lol.

Yeah it's always a gamble going to it but I got a pretty good record getting in. Some years I don't find jack, but it's good for seeing some ppl cosplaying. I probably could of set up a small table and no one would know lol. There was lots of comics there he man stuff and turtles, sw stuff and even real swords and movie weapons!

Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:00 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

protoxero wrote:
yorktownjoe wrote:
Haha! Nice!

Yeah it's always a gamble going to it but I got a pretty good record getting in. Some years I don't find jack, but it's good for seeing some ppl cosplaying. I probably could of set up a small table and no one would know lol. There was lots of comics there he man stuff and turtles, sw stuff and even real swords and movie weapons!

I imagine if you had gone with a picture ID in a plastic holder on a lanyard and just got there early, you could watch for incoming vendors pulling up, then ask the vendors if they needed help setting up. Then help them carry their vendor stuff to their table as a nice helpful person.

Then you're in and walk around... :wink: Nah, never mind. That sounds like TV stuff.
I'd probably just give them the $5 or $10 for admission and be thankful I had a convention so close.

Do old comics sell for much more than face value? I mostly have Joe stuff, but some Transformers, Punisher, etc. And I'm only re-reading Joe stuff these days. If I could offload some old comics, I might have more money on my PayPal/blackmajor account. :wink:

Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:16 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
yorktownjoe wrote:
protoxero wrote:
yorktownjoe wrote:
Haha! Nice!

I imagine if you had gone with a picture ID in a plastic holder on a lanyard and just got there early, you could watch for incoming vendors pulling up, then ask the vendors if they needed help setting up. Then help them carry their vendor stuff to their table as a nice helpful person.

Then you're in and walk around... :wink: Nah, never mind. That sounds like TV stuff.
I'd probably just give them the $5 or $10 for admission and be thankful I had a convention so close.

Do old comics sell for much more than face value? I mostly have Joe stuff, but some Transformers, Punisher, etc. And I'm only re-reading Joe stuff these days. If I could offload some old comics, I might have more money on my PayPal/blackmajor account. :wink:

I passed on the comics but they don't sell for mutch past the face value unless it's a stupid rare one. I still need to figure out what I need in my marvel Joe run. But that's been on the back burner for years now.

Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:54 am
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

That is what I was thinking.

I was thinking we could see who is missing which issues and trade here. I'm not talking about collector's graded comics, but maybe gently used reader copies.

I have some duplicates of various conditions from the 40's through the 70's or 80's.
My holes are around the late 120's to about 144 or 145. But like you said, this has been a low priority for decades.

Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:05 am
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

I have individual issues in the later 140's, but I ended up buying the final 10 issue compiled volume, mostly to get 155.

I also have some from a Compilation book of G.I.Joe and the Transformers that had some mini-series and 139-142.
There is online access, but sometimes it feels really great to hold an actual comic in ones hands.

I enjoyed reading the Punisher comics as an older teen, but I feel no interest in re-reading them. Before the internet, the Punisher Armory series was a great way of learning about cool weaponry.
The 'Nam had some good stories, but was very grisly in retrospect. The Transformers were interesting, but Transformers seemed really tied to the cartoon, more than the comic.

G.I.Joe is interesting. The cartoon and comic are different, but both cool. And for different reasons. I played with Joes, and sometimes they didn't make it. Same with the Cobras. But the next adventure, everyone was available again. Each story was A story, not THE story. That is how I can enjoy various arcs of the comic and cartoon as well. And some are better than others. And that's okay.

Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:07 am
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
So here is my latest haul. Some cool Clear blue Targat heads a 1987 Croc Master repro hose, 1987 Cobra Commander repro hose, and a Clear Orange plastic 89 Deep Six Helmet.

Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:10 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Turn out the lights, and shine an LED flashlight {at/near/through/above} one of those TARGAT heads!!

Instant spooky photo, no doubt!

Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:53 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
yorktownjoe wrote:
Turn out the lights, and shine an LED flashlight {at/near/through/above} one of those TARGAT heads!!

Instant spooky photo, no doubt!

I may try to shoot something cool with one tonight. I have not put them on the figures yet, but i may have a little free time while im watching the Thunder game. :D

Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:11 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Did you get them for specific custom ideas?

Of course I meant to put it on a figure. :wink:

I was trying to watch the World Series, but my younger son needed new boots, so we went out.
He is as tall as me now, but trying to decide on size 12 or 13 boots. I'm afraid the next time he grows, he will dwarf me.

Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:24 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next