SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Universal Pictures Remaking 'Weird Science"

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Universal Pictures Remaking 'Weird Science" 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
 Universal Pictures Remaking 'Weird Science"
"Weird Science" one of those great quirky adolescent movies form the 80's that was great for its time and had a lot of nostalgia, is getting a redo. I loved it when it came out, and i love it now for nostalgic purposes. I am not sure how it translates to today's kids. Check out more details on it below and share your thoughts.

(Source: enewsi via twitter)

Quote:
John Hughes has to be rolling in his grave but Universal Pictures and Silver Pictures have decided to remake Weird Science, the 1985 ultimate nerd wish fulfillment comedy that was written and directed by John Hughes. The remake will be produced again by Joel Silver and the script is being written by Michael Bacall. Universal and Silver Pictures are looking to redo the remake into an edgier R-rated comedy in line with 21 Jump Street and The Hangover. No information provided on who will star or who will helm the project.

The original starred Michael Anthony Hall and Ilan Mitchell-Smith as brainy nerds who attempt to create the perfect woman to fulfill their heavy-breathing adolescent fantasies, only to find she is something more than a sex object. The original also starred Bill Paxton and Robert Downey Jr, with Kelly LeBrock playing the bombshell creation.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:13 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
Post Re: Universal Pictures Remaking 'Weird Science"
humm this could be good. i did like the original

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:51 pm
Team: Decepticon
Team: Decepticon

Faction: Cobra
Code Name: Firefly
File Name: Supa Fly
Aliases: Classified
Primary Military Specialty: Blowing Things Up
Secondary Military Specialty: Blowing More Things Up
Grade: Expert
Don't touch the classics!

But I would love to touch THAT classic! :p

Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:18 pm
protoxero wrote:
humm this could be good. i did like the original

There is NO F&^KING WAY IN HELL the remake is gonna top the original....hollywood is full of scared, politcally correct pussies to even fathom making something that will even come REMOTELY close to the original.....you really think they are conna do the chet as a giant lob of sh!t? i would be superbly suprised! too many useless pansy-assed pussy whipped liberal douchebags run h9ollywood to make much of anything good....especially this film.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:17 pm
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Faction: neutral
Code Name: classified
File Name: classified
Aliases: skinnyjoefan
Primary Military Specialty: classified
Secondary Military Specialty: classified
They tried to capture the magic once before in the 90's with the lovely Vanessa Angel

the show was OK but the movie was still ten times better.
They will try to modernize it.
they will add teens who are texting, and make it relatable to today.
there will probably be not be nukes in the kitchen though.
Chet was not a blob of excrement. he was...

some odd creature.
with a crewcut.

I will NOT go see it the TV version was bad enough. oh and Glee totally stole the slushee idea from Weird Science.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:33 pm
Well chet LOOKED like a blob of sh!t.....so im going with corny blob of sh!t with a crew cut. :D and ya its gonna suck....cause half the reason of that movie was the two nerds got picked on and ohhhhh nooo cant do that cause we cant have bullying anymore.And cant doe the nuke scene cause...oh no its too terroistic.......GOTDAMN PUSSY ASS AMERICA!!!! Please...just stop remaking the classic movies cause they are NEVER gonna be as funny as the originals...come up with new lame sh!t for the dumbass lame-o liberals of today and leave the classics to those who know how to laugh at sh!t that is funny and not give a f^%k about offending some soccer mom in Pecoima!

Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:39 pm
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

The movie was about nerds who got picked on, just like Revenge of the Nerds, the Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Can't buy me Love and a host of other 80's movies. The thing was the underdog triumphed in the end.

btw if you want to see what passes for modern bullying go watch Bully.

I don't remember seeing anything of the level these kids went through in the film.
it is on netflix.
the things those kids go through...its pure torture. and yeah, Its infuriating and emotional to watch.

the geeks in weird science become heroes, with Lisa's help, and they learn lessons of life. Sure it is a comedy but it has a serious undertone to it too. buried way down. they even get the girls. by being themselves. and that was the true lesson in there, be yourself.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:49 pm
Yah maybe but you knwo with the way sh!t is today it'd be all whinny and not nearly as funny. Yaknow cause everythign gotta have some stupid ass message about whatever....saure the odl oen had a bit of a message but it was cleverly disguised. Hey there is a MINISCULE chance the remake could be justa s good but i sure as hell aint holdin' my breath.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:54 pm
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

I think you misunderstood me I dont want to see it at all. It would be a pale shadow of the original, changed for a modern audience, but aside from any political commentary, I think the humor wil be on par with...old school, the hangover, etc. modern humor. btw I have not seen any of those.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:45 pm
I don't think humor would even be on par with Hangover...that was crude but not ina sci fi making a chick kinda way. Thats something that could happen (or maybe in some of us cases HAS happened....i say nothing). Weird Science needs to be out there and classily crude....and yah it wont even be PALE shadow...it will be somethign not even funny and will probably have a wayans in it...

Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next