SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - The Break Room

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:43 am


Reply to topic  [ 20357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025 ... 2036  Next
The Break Room 
Author Message
User avatar
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:03 pm
Posts: 11787
Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Post Re: The Break Room
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
Happy Monday everyone. Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mine was not so bad except for that stinker of a game the Chiefs played yesterday. How do you turn the ball over 4 times, mind blowing.

And YTJ's Badgers let me down too.... *brum*


For those who didin't see it and only saw the final score:
Notre Dame and Wisconsin were tied 10-10, with the Badgers in the red zone, ready to score.
The Badgers stopped for the 3rd quarter break. Jump around, Jump around, Jump around.
After the commercials, they sputtered and kicked a field goal to go up 13-10.
Then it seemed like one of those old 80's wrestling matches.
Notre Dame woke up and crushed them to dust.

After the field goal, Notre Dame ran the kickoff back 98 yards for a TD. Now 17-13.
They got another TD and a FG on their own, and the Badgers decided to give them two pick 6's to finish the fiasco, 41-13.

Once again, it was tied 10-10 at the the end of the 3rd. And Notre Dame outscored them 31-3 in the 4th qtr. Ugly.

_________________
Image
ImageImage
Image


Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:23 am
Profile Send private message
Online
User avatar
Founder
Founder

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:31 pm
Posts: 98357
Location: Coweta Ok.
Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: The Break Room
yorktownjoe wrote:
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
Happy Monday everyone. Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mine was not so bad except for that stinker of a game the Chiefs played yesterday. How do you turn the ball over 4 times, mind blowing.

And YTJ's Badgers let me down too.... *brum*


For those who didin't see it and only saw the final score:
Notre Dame and Wisconsin were tied 10-10, with the Badgers in the red zone, ready to score.
The Badgers stopped for the 3rd quarter break. Jump around, Jump around, Jump around.
After the commercials, they sputtered and kicked a field goal to go up 13-10.
Then it seemed like one of those old 80's wrestling matches.
Notre Dame woke up and crushed them to dust.

After the field goal, Notre Dame ran the kickoff back 98 yards for a TD. Now 17-13.
They got another TD and a FG on their own, and the Badgers decided to give them two pick 6's to finish the fiasco, 41-13.

Once again, it was tied 10-10 at the the end of the 3rd. And Notre Dame outscored them 31-3 in the 4th qtr. Ugly.


Sounds like the Oklahoma vs West Virginia game, accept OU trailed the entire game and played like junk then kicked a field goal at the end to pull it out. I am starting to feel like the entire College season is for second place. Can anyone challenge Alabama, I just don't know.

_________________
CLICK HERE TO BUY NEW G.I.JOE FIGURES!
Image
ImageImage
Image


Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:31 am
Profile Send private message
User avatar
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:03 pm
Posts: 11787
Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Post Re: The Break Room
Alabama is better in a rebuilding year than any other team at the top of their game.

There used to be a saying that "the worst NFL team would dominate the NCAA champion, and it wouldn't be close."
Not so sure of that anymore...

_________________
Image
ImageImage
Image


Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:38 am
Profile Send private message
Online
User avatar
Founder
Founder

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:31 pm
Posts: 98357
Location: Coweta Ok.
Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: The Break Room
yorktownjoe wrote:
Alabama is better in a rebuilding year than any other team at the top of their game.

There used to be a saying that "the worst NFL team would dominate the NCAA champion, and it wouldn't be close."
Not so sure of that anymore...


I totally agree. I would not be shocked at all if Alabama could beat the worst NFL team, they definitely could compete with them.

_________________
CLICK HERE TO BUY NEW G.I.JOE FIGURES!
Image
ImageImage
Image


Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:44 am
Profile Send private message
Online
User avatar
Founder
Founder

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:31 pm
Posts: 98357
Location: Coweta Ok.
Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: The Break Room
This kind of thing just kills joe collecting for me. In the mid-2000's TRU was doing their 6 pack sets of cobra army builders and joe sub teams like the Anti-Venom task force and such. Those were priced between $20-$25 a set. Now BM is saying he is offering us a deal for 6 figures for $99. It is getting totally ludicrous.


Attachments:
eee.png
eee.png [ 480.28 KiB | Viewed 4991 times ]

_________________
CLICK HERE TO BUY NEW G.I.JOE FIGURES!
Image
ImageImage
Image
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:51 pm
Profile Send private message
User avatar
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:03 pm
Posts: 11787
Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Post Re: The Break Room
Yeah, I understand it is more economical to ship multiples than singles. But I remember buying 3 figures for $36 shipped. That is spendy compared to the 80's, but getting O-rings at that range was good.

That said, there was a time when EELS were going 3 for $54 and we were all excited.

6 for $99 is less than 3 for $54 (which would end up 6 for $108). But swinging $36 to $54 might be mentally easier.

I don't mind spending hundreds of dollars 20 to 40 at a time. But I don't really enjoy dropping a hundy at a time.

_________________
Image
ImageImage
Image


Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:37 pm
Profile Send private message
Online
User avatar
Founder
Founder

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:31 pm
Posts: 98357
Location: Coweta Ok.
Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: The Break Room
yorktownjoe wrote:
Yeah, I understand it is more economical to ship multiples than singles. But I remember buying 3 figures for $36 shipped. That is spendy compared to the 80's, but getting O-rings at that range was good.

That said, there was a time when EELS were going 3 for $54 and we were all excited.

6 for $99 is less than 3 for $54 (which would end up 6 for $108). But swinging $36 to $54 might be mentally easier.

I don't mind spending hundreds of dollars 20 to 40 at a time. But I don't really enjoy dropping a hundy at a time.


I agree, i think its the price point all at once, although, i was okay when individuals were between $13-15 but now they run between $20 and $22, i just can't swing that.

_________________
CLICK HERE TO BUY NEW G.I.JOE FIGURES!
Image
ImageImage
Image


Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:38 am
Profile Send private message
User avatar
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:03 pm
Posts: 11787
Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Post Re: The Break Room
I love O-rings and always will. But let's be real. They aren't the same level of detail and tooling as Classified, so they shouldn't cost the same amount...

That being said, a 3rd party producer actually getting stuff from overseas during a pandemic and knocking out cool troop builders is still an amazing feat!!

Just imagine if Hasbro had gone O-ring for their Retro collection and was selling those carded for $12.93 at Walmart... How many of us would have even considered venturing into Classified?
I don't think I would have.

But now I'm hooked, so there's that...

_________________
Image
ImageImage
Image


Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:07 pm
Profile Send private message
Online
User avatar
Founder
Founder

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:31 pm
Posts: 98357
Location: Coweta Ok.
Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: The Break Room
yorktownjoe wrote:
I love O-rings and always will. But let's be real. They aren't the same level of detail and tooling as Classified, so they shouldn't cost the same amount...

That being said, a 3rd party producer actually getting stuff from overseas during a pandemic and knocking out cool troop builders is still an amazing feat!!

Just imagine if Hasbro had gone O-ring for their Retro collection and was selling those carded for $12.93 at Walmart... How many of us would have even considered venturing into Classified?
I don't think I would have.

But now I'm hooked, so there's that...


I agree 100%, if there were O-Rings at walmart, i would be all in on that. I guess i am just being sore for being poor..lol. I wanted to pick up 2 of those coil troopers, but it looks like that would run $40 minimum, which is kind of crazy.

On another note i hear people are finding Breaker at Target in random places.

_________________
CLICK HERE TO BUY NEW G.I.JOE FIGURES!
Image
ImageImage
Image


Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:12 pm
Profile Send private message
User avatar
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:03 pm
Posts: 11787
Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
Post Re: The Break Room
So that brings up a hypothetical budgetary question:

If you had $40 to spend in a specific month and your choices were:

1) Two Coil Troopers
2) Breaker with RAM


Which one would you pick?

Answer that in your own mind without thinking too hard, and it will tell which you like more in your heart, at this point in your life.

_________________
Image
ImageImage
Image


Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:25 pm
Profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 20357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025 ... 2036  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme created with Colorize It.
Designed by ST Software.