SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Any ever wonder ______________ ?

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Any ever wonder ______________ ? 
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
 Any ever wonder ______________ ?
Anyone ever wonder if Zap and Tiger Force Recondo went to the same nights and weekends Helicopter training flight school?

In the case of Zap, I think they just conveniently added that to his background since there wasn't a dedicate helo pilot on the team at the time. Marvel Issue #1, Zap flew them all to safety.

In the case of TF Recondo, I'm debating whether they wanted to re-use the Recondo mold more than the Wild Bill mold.

Or someone yelling into the figure development room:
Boss: "Hey, we need a pilot for the new Tiger Fly Helicopter! Come up with a good repaint scheme for the pilot!"
Designer 1: "I'm new, who was the Dragonfly pilot again?"
Designer 2: "I think that was the guy with the brimmed hat and the mustache."
Desinger 1: [Digs Recondo and Wild Bill out of figure bin] "Thanks, but there are more than one of those in the bin. Should we ask the boss which one he wants?"
Designer 2: "Nah. We don't want him to know we can't remember."
Designer 1: "There should be a list written down somewhere in a binder we could all use to look this stuff up."
Designer 2: "But the boss would keep it on his shelf and not share it."
Designer 1: "Would be great if we could get it to share on the computers."
Designer 2: "Haha! Like anyone would ever put pictures and file-card info in a repository that we could all share and access as needed..."
Designer 1: "Maybe someday!"
Designer 2: "Stop planning on trying to network the computers together. Let's go with this one. Instead of a khaki shirt, go with a gray/blue color. For the pants go with green/yellow camo. That should look good."
Designer 1: "That DOES sound good!" [chucks Wild Bill figure back into bin, hangs onto Recondo and grabs paint-brush for a mock-up]

Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:17 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: Any ever wonder ______________ ?
My thoughts, i wanted tiger force wild bill, and i still want tiger force wild bill. They should have released Tiger Force Recondo as a regular carded figure in the Tiger Force sub-team. Seeing as how Wild Bill's original mold is only used one time that i am aware of, there has to be more to the story, but someone would have to ask Ron Rudat or Kirk Bozigian, mabee i can get some info on it and share with everyone.

Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:18 pm
Editoral Moderator
Editoral Moderator

Faction: Cobra Contractor
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: CLASSIFIED
Aliases: YTJ (more acronym than alias)
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-Intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4
I know Tollbooth also had a vest, and I wondered if they modified the Wild Bill torso mold instead of making a new mold, then it got wrecked somehow, leaving them unable to re-use/re-paint either one.
Tollbooth was the last new non-ball-jointed Joe, correct? I think he and the Dreadnoks were the non-ball-jointed releases from 1985. After that, it was just re-paints with that contractions.
(Not including Listen N Fun Orange Tripwire.)

Since they moved over to ball-jointed necks, the side to side neck molds would fall into obsolescence unless someone was planning less expensive re-paints all along.

Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:07 pm
Founder
Founder

I wonder If Renegades never got cancelled , would the series continued to tie in the to rumored sunbow prequel

Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:12 pm
Founder
Founder

STORMSHADOW__210 wrote:
I wonder If Renegades never got cancelled , would the series continued to tie in the to rumored sunbow prequel

All these years later i still get ticked off thinking about Renegades and Transformers Prime getting cancelled, both of those shows were outstanding, and Hasbro just flushed them both. I can't figure out for the life of me the imbeciles that run that company. Shortly after they cancelled the shows they sold the Hub network, which was an outstanding network for family stuff. We watched it everyday. I don't think i have watched any cable network since then other than games on ESPN.

Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:22 pm
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Faction: neutral
Code Name: classified
File Name: classified
Aliases: skinnyjoefan
Primary Military Specialty: classified
Secondary Military Specialty: classified
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
STORMSHADOW__210 wrote:

All these years later i still get ticked off thinking about Renegades and Transformers Prime getting cancelled, both of those shows were outstanding, and Hasbro just flushed them both. I can't figure out for the life of me the imbeciles that run that company. Shortly after they cancelled the shows they sold the Hub network, which was an outstanding network for family stuff. We watched it everyday. I don't think i have watched any cable network since then other than games on ESPN.

The main reason Renegades was canceled was because Clement Suave (lead character and prop designer) died of Cancer.

Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:30 pm
Founder
Founder

skinny wrote:
⚡ Kal-El ⚡ wrote:
STORMSHADOW__210 wrote:

The main reason Renegades was canceled was because Clement Suave (lead character and prop designer) died of Cancer.

You know after all of these years this is the first time i heard this, it makes me feel a lot less angry about it knowing that tidbit of news. I REALLY wish hasbro would try again with the same level of writing, it was good for kids and adults. I don't want to see the property come back as some scribble art powerpuff girl looking toddler show. I would rather not see it back at all than see that.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]