SerpentorsLair.info - View topic - Hasbro admits Left-Wing Agenda is Why G.I.Joe is Going Away!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Hasbro admits Left-Wing Agenda is Why G.I.Joe is Going Away! 
Founder
Founder

Faction: Justice League
Code Name: Man of Steel
Post Re: Hasbro admits Left-Wing Agenda is Why G.I.Joe is Going A
protoxero wrote:
Maybe Hasbro can sell Joe to a company that cares about the brand.

Andrea was harassed on facebook, and banned from some gijoe clique groups for sharing a link to this story. To be honest, the gijoe online and 'joecon' community is so hateful, on one hand i think it is kind of funny that joecon is ending. Mabee some of the group that have ruined the hobby for so many will move on to something else and then some of us can start to try to enjoy gijoe again.

Of all of the fan bases and groups of people we have met over the years doing fan stuff, the gijoe online clique has been the most rude and the most elitist group going away. It is not even close.

ImageImage

Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:22 pm
Profile Send private message
Founder
Founder

Ω Kal-El Ω wrote:
protoxero wrote:
Maybe Hasbro can sell Joe to a company that cares about the brand.

Andrea was harassed on facebook, and banned from some gijoe clique groups for sharing a link to this story. To be honest, the gijoe online and 'joecon' community is so hateful, on one hand i think it is kind of funny that joecon is ending. Mabee some of the group that have ruined the hobby for so many will move on to something else and then some of us can start to try to enjoy gijoe again.

Of all of the fan bases and groups of people we have met over the years doing fan stuff, the gijoe online clique has been the most rude and the most elitist group going away. It is not even close.

i preface those comments with skinny, travis and proto do not apply and they all have gone to joecon.

ImageImage

Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:43 pm
Sneak Peek Photographer
Sneak Peek Photographer

Faction: Red Shadows
Code Name: T'shot
File Name: ????.?????.?
Primary Military Specialty: Photo Reconnaissance
Secondary Military Specialty: Toy Surveillance
Grade: E-2
Will this be the future for G.I.Joe toys?

[youtube_w]YstIrarh2iE[/youtube_w]

Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:09 pm
Founder
Founder

Thundershot wrote:
Will this be the future for G.I.Joe toys?

[youtube_w]YstIrarh2iE[/youtube_w]

*urock* *urock* *urock* *urock*

ImageImage

Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:26 pm
Founder
Founder

What is hard to swallow is gi Joe has always had fantasy elements . Be it silly cobra schemes ( mass device or the entire plot of arise Serpentors arise) or guns shooting lazers? I don't know . Toys have had that generic soldier line doing quite well for years at the big mart stores.

Here is some food for thought . History repeats itself . 1979 superman hit theatres and was a success with multiple sequels, then went away to come back years later. Same with batman, tfs, smurfs, Alvin and the chimpmunks, and many more . Gi Joe was a huge success that spanned a decade plus in the 80s, then went away.....until 2007 when the 25th anniversary. Since then we have had another decade of gi Joe again. We have gotten just about 90% of most popular characters in a modern figure plus 2 cartoon series and 2 live action films.

I would call that a good run. I'm still not giving up on future films, Joe cons ( who knows what hasbro has up their sleeves) and movie tie in toy lines plus idw comics are going strong .

Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:44 pm
Founder
Founder

STORMSHADOW__210 wrote:
What is hard to swallow is gi Joe has always had fantasy elements . Be it silly cobra schemes ( mass device or the entire plot of arise Serpentors arise) or guns shooting lazers? I don't know . Toys have had that generic soldier line doing quite well for years at the big mart stores.

Here is some food for thought . History repeats itself . 1979 superman hit theatres and was a success with multiple sequels, then went away to come back years later. Same with batman, tfs, smurfs, Alvin and the chimpmunks, and many more . Gi Joe was a huge success that spanned a decade plus in the 80s, then went away.....until 2007 when the 25th anniversary. Since then we have had another decade of gi Joe again. We have gotten just about 90% of most popular characters in a modern figure plus 2 cartoon series and 2 live action films.

I would call that a good run. I'm still not giving up on future films, Joe cons ( who knows what hasbro has up their sleeves) and movie tie in toy lines plus idw comics are going strong .

Actually G.I.Joe has been at retail every year since 1982 accept for 1995-96. It is only now that they have appearantly decided they can't sell Joe vs Cobra anymore. Now, what reasoning could be behind this? I have been picking up joes at retail since 1997. I even collected sigma six.

ImageImage

Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:43 pm
Founder
Founder

Faction: Gi Joe
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Unknowen
Aliases: Proto
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4
Ω Kal-El Ω wrote:
STORMSHADOW__210 wrote:

Actually G.I.Joe has been at retail every year since 1982 accept for 1995-96. It is only now that they have appearantly decided they can't sell Joe vs Cobra anymore. Now, what reasoning could be behind this? I have been picking up joes at retail since 1997. I even collected sigma six.

True DAT.

Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:21 am
Founder
Founder

I did not know that . Outside of sigma, I never saw or heard gi Joe or saw gi Joe from after the dic series , then a quick blip on radar with sigma and then 2007 25th

Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:38 am
Founder
Founder

STORMSHADOW__210 wrote:
I did not know that . Outside of sigma, I never saw or heard gi Joe or saw gi Joe from after the dic series , then a quick blip on radar with sigma and then 2007 25th

G.I.Joe had a great line at TRU in 1997 and 1998 with recolored re-released figures and vehicles with the joe version of the Rattler, the Slugger, and such. Then in 1998 they re released the Conquest in green camo and the Cobra Stinger jeep with Vypra along with a lot of 2 packs of figures. Then in 99-2000, they had a whole line of o-ring figures at walmart and at tru and K-mart with more repainted classic o-ring figures but this time they started including new characters like Fast Blast Viper, Shadow Viper and such. Then starting in 2001 there was a ton of new joes at retail for the next several years with the Joe vs Cobra line, then the Spy Troops line, Then Valor VS Venom line. Then, they switched over to Sigma Six, and while Sigma Six was going on Hasbro did the DTC line that you could order figures by the case load and there was a new saw viper and new range viper and a lot of really great new sculpts. And when the DTC ended then the 25th line started up. I collected all of those lines, some people just think joe started back up at the 25th, because during a lot of those lines i mentioned, the internet was not really a big thing, so it was just a lot of collectors talking at comic shops and such.

ImageImage

Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:45 am
Editorial Moderator
Editorial Moderator

Faction: neutral
Code Name: classified
File Name: classified
Aliases: skinnyjoefan
Primary Military Specialty: classified
Secondary Military Specialty: classified